Adult Volunteer Hour Link (Boy Troop)
Adult Volunteer Hour Link (Girl Troop)
Each family is expected to support our troop by volunteering a minimum of 10 Adult Volunteer Hours for Troop 288 events per year (Nov. 1 - Oct. 31), and self report your hours using the link.
It is important to chart your volunteer hours. There are many ways to volunteer, here are some examples:
- Earn 2 hours by completing the NEW version of Youth Protection Training (YPT) - online training takes about 1 hour, and your family will get 2 hours volunteer credit per adult certification. See Youth Protection webpage for detailed instructions.
- Treks - Lead a trek or activity, be the 2nd adult, or driver. Supervise grocery shoppers for trek. Attend a trek and be helpful.
- Service Projects - Volunteer at T288 Eagle Scout Project, Scouting for Food, transport chairs to the American Legion Post 288 service events at Two Strike Park, lead a service project for the troop.
- Committee - Serve on the Troop Committee.
- Assistant Scoutmaster - Help scouts accomplish requirements for rank advancements.
- Merit Badge Counselor - Help scouts earn merit badges.
- BOR Committee - Help at monthly Board of Review by interviewing scouts as they progress through the ranks. You will be matched with someone that has experience.
- COH - Help prepare/serve refreshments at Court of Honor ceremonies.
- Fundraisers - Volunteer at our fundraiser events, donate food/supplies.
At the beginning on November we begin the re-chartering process, if you did not complete and report at least 10 adult volunteer hours you will be charged $25. There will be no adjustments according to partial hours, so get out there and have fun supporting Troop 288! Thank You for supporting our scouts! Families that join the troop after June 30th will not be charged the $25 fee if they do not volunteer at least 10 hours, but we hope you try anyway. If you have questions about volunteering please contact Kelly Mayes Harper, our Volunteer Chair.