Well, Day 1 of Summer Day Camp is in the books. The boys behaved pretty well today.
Today we did the following:
- Played some games and had a good old fashion sack race.
- Did some fishing - 2 fish were caught within our den. We have several good fisherman.
- Learned the safety lessons for boating and practiced how to get in and out of the row boat.
- Did Archery
- Made our totems for our beads and came up with a Den Name. We are now Den 2: THE COOL CUBS.
- We made Pepperoni, Pizza on Pita bread in foil on an open fire.
- Made colored beads.
- And, of course, shot BB guns.
All in All it was a great day.
Starting tomorrow, please dress your scout in their bathing suit in the morning and pack a pair of dry clothes for after water time. We had a heck of a time getting them to change twice in an hour.
Keep pushing the hydration to them. I think we did a pretty good job today but parental reminders are always a good thing.
On Friday at 3 pm there will be a closing campfire. It would be great if you could all make it down to watch your scout perform the skit we are putting together, sing songs, and received awards.
Please let me know if you plan on attending.
I think that is it for now. Enjoy a couple of shots I took today.